With November 5th around the corner, Bostik and Tots100 set us the challenge of creating a Bonfire night inspired craft. Whilst looking through our sensory resources I spotted some coloured rice left over from our Gnome Small World Tuff Spot. Two years ago we used recycled coloured rice to produce a Winnie The Witch picture. I decided to use the same method to create a Simple Bonfire Night Craft.
(This post contains affiliate links)
Resources needed to make a Simple Bonfire Night Craft
* Coloured rice – I added brown, red, orange and yellow paint to rice. You can view a tutorial on how to make coloured rice here.
How to make the Simple Bonfire Night Craft
1) Squeeze Bostik PVA Glue in a bonfire shape onto the black card.
2) Pour coloured rice into a zip-loc bag. Cut a small hole in the bottom corner. Use the bag to sprinkle coloured rice over the glue.
3) Gently lift the black card up and shake off any excess rice.
4) Glue the bottom of the coloured lolly sticks and position them at the base of the fire.
5) Stack the lolly sticks to form a bonfire. Allow the glue time to dry before displaying the masterpiece.
In five easy steps you have a Simple Bonfire Night Craft. Adam was able to do the craft with only a little assistance. Squeezing the glue to form the fire really worked his fine motor skills. He had to take several breaks because it was hard work squeezing the bottle. Adam enjoying sprinkling the coloured rice using the zip-loc bag. I opted to use this method to try and contains some of the mess as I know Adam can be over enthusiastic when it comes to rice.
Adam managed to glue the bottom of the lolly sticks independently and decided himself where they should be positioned. He certainly was pleased with his Simple Bonfire Night Craft.
Disclaimer: We received a box craft materials as part of the Tots100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club #BostikBloggers
You May Also Like: