I got a lovely surprise the other day. I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Kara at ALLterNative Learning. I was amazed because our blog has only been live for three weeks!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who has less than 200 followers. ‘Liebster’ is German for ‘favourite’. It is a great honour to be recognized by someone as having an “up-and-coming” blog with meaningful content! The basics of the award is to spread some support and love to bloggers that are newer or smaller and are doing a wonderful job in the process!
THE RULES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you has asked
- Nominate other bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Let those bloggers know you nominated them
So 11 random facts about me:
- I spent 3½ months travelling around Australia and New Zealand by myself.
- I have a short height phobia. I can jump out of a plane but I can’t stand on chair.
- I’ve had a photograph published in ‘Lonely Planet Australia’.
- We got married in Rome and had pizza for our wedding meal. The next day we spent 6 hours going to the main attractions in Rome with a photographer.
- As a teenager I wanted to a marine biologist. The only stumbling blocks were that I was rubbish at science and severely allergic to fish!
- I carry an epi-pen due to my fish allergy and ended up in hospital on my first day of travelling.
- I have a Bsc in Psychosocial Studies – Psychology and Sociology.
- I don’t watch any British soaps. I have visited the sets of Home and Away and Neighbours and have met several cast members from Neighbours.
- I suffer from Hyperhidrosis which means I can’t regulate my body temperate. I am always hot and do not own a jumper.
- I wear flip flops all year round and they have to be Havaianas.
- We love seeing live comedy and have seen most comedians on tour.
Here are my answers to the questions Kara set:
- Where are you from originally?
I was born in Norwich, UK and don’t live far from there now.
- How has your significant other changed you in some way?
My husband is trying to instil the art of patience in me!
- How many pets do you have?
We don’t have any pets.
- What is your top world-changing mission?
To raise awareness of the condition Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
- What’s your go-to dinner in a time crunch?
Fajitas or takeaway!
- Favourite sport and why?
Ha ha – me and sport don’t mix! I am married to a man who watches all types of sport which doesn’t help.
- Are you a night owl or morning person?
I am a morning person. Unfortunately my son is the same and we are regularly up from 4.30am!
- Favourite season and why?
Despite suffering from Hyperhidrosis I like the Summer – mostly because we are a family of teachers so we are both off work for 6 weeks.
- Pick: Art or Craft?
Craft. I am the least artistic person I know!
- What are 3 positive things you can say about yourself?
1) I survived a difficult Hyperemesis Gravidarum pregnancy 2) I help others going through Hyperemesis Gravidarum with my volunteer work with Pregnancy Sickness Support 3) I have an amazing son and husband.
- One lesson you wish you would have known before becoming a mom?
Get lots of sleep!
I nominate the following blogs for the Leibster Award:
Katrina from Mummy Whiskers
Susen from Dabbling Momma
Anik from Frog in a pocket
Victoria from Squiggles and bubbles
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU ARE:
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. Dog or Cat?
3. What does your dream house look like?
4. Who is your fashion/style icon?
5. What are your 3 must have beauty products?
6. Hot or Cold?
7. Which blogs do you check daily?
8. How did you decide on the names for your children?
9. What do you do to relax?
10. In your opinion, what is the best blog post you’ve written so far? Give us the link.
11. What is your favourite restaurant?
Thank you again to ALLterNATIVE Learning for the award.