Adam chose his own activity today. I was emptying the dishwasher and he disappeared into the Garden Room where all his play challenge resources are stored in boxes. He went into a box, found a pack of wax crayons that we haven’t used before and brought them to me. He seemed to know exactly what he wanted to do. So I taped some paper to the floor with masking tape and opened the pack of wax crayons.
Adam took crayons out one at a time, drew on the paper and then put the crayon to the side before picking up another colour. He did this until the whole pack was used and all the crayons were in a group beside him.
He then repeated the pattern again but going the other way.
During the activity he worked out that he needed to press hard in order to make the marks on the paper clearer.
I have now added the wax crayons, paper and masking tape to a Busy Box.
* Wax crayons
* Masking tape
Adam was 20 months old
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017