Remember our car track obsession? Well, we have been at it again. This time we have created a Vehicle Busy Bag. In no time at all you can make a small car track busy bag that can be used time and time again.
(This post contains affiliate links)
To create our road, I recycled a wooden domino set. You could use the traditional wooden rectangles but I wanted one with curves in. We used a Banana’s in Pyjama’s set. They also came in a handy wooden box that we turned into a Busy Bag.
How to make a Vehicle Busy Bag
2. Repeat the process again for a second coat of paint. Allow to dry.
3. Make white road markings on each individual domino by using a Tipp-Ex Pocket Mouse.
4. Use the same wooden glue and black paint mixture to paint the wooden domino box. Allow to dry.
5. Decorate the wooden box with you child’s name and additional road markings. I used the Tipp-Ex Pocket Mouse for this but white paint would probably be easier.
6. To stop the paint chipping away from the road track and the storage box add a coat of Mod Podge to varnish each item.
The domino car track pieces and a small car can be stored in the wooden box to take out with us.
As the domino pieces are not straight, the possibilities to create different shaped roads are numerous.
A circular race track has proved popular with Adam.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017