How is it possible that a toddler can keep themselves occupied for an hour outside without any toys or equipment? Adam managed to simply by transporting water.
I had left an old washing up bowl outside and over time it has filled up with rain water. Near to it is Adams tractor trailer which only had a little rain water in. Using small scoops Adam transferred the water from the trailer to the washing up bowl – 5ml at a time!
Backwards and forwards he kept going.
He did try to make the challenge harder by attempting to jump from the trailer to the washing up bowl but seemed disappointed he lost most of the water. 45 minutes into play Adam had emptied out all of the water from the trailer. I thought this would mean he would move onto something else. Adam had other plans though.
He switched from transferring the water from the washing up bowl to the trailer.
We would probably still be there had it not been tea time!
If you were able to get outside this activity could be classed as HG friendly
* Water Containers
* Small scoops
Adam was 23 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017