For some time I have been admiring the DIY Water Wall found at TinkerLab. Her fantastic instructions made it look so easy. I had a fence, a water source close by and several plastic bottles – perfect to make a toddler water wall!
It was a hot day and Adam and my niece had been playing in the paddling pool most of the morning.
It was perfect timing to make the water wall. With the instructions found on TinkerLab we set to work.
Problem 1) It is the first time I have noticed our fence is not flat – it is slatted. The bottles wouldn’t therefore lay flush to the fence. However, there was a small area where the bottle came into contact with the fence so it was still possible.
Problem 2) It appears we do not own a drill. Grandad normally rescues us with DIY issues so we haven’t purchased one yet. We have several screwdrivers so it would have to be a manual job.
Problem 3) We also don’t own any screws! Despite having around 20 screwdrivers of varying sizes there wasn’t a screw in sight in the garage. A quick phonecall to Nana solved the issue.
Problem 4) As soon as the children saw I was busy they wanted to investigate! Screwdrivers + hammers + scissors = children magnet.
After a lot of experimenting we managed to get two bottles attached to the wall before Adam and Beth wanted to test the water wall out.
Whilst the children were distracted with lunch I added two more bottles.
It didn’t take Beth long to discover that you could rearrange the bottles.
The plan is to extend the water wall throughout the summer.
I wonder how big our water wall will become!
* Plastic bottles
* A drill is best although we managed with a hammer and a screwdriver
* We used a washing up bowl to collect the water
* Containers to pour the water
Adam was 2 years old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017