After our wonderful pumpkin picking experience last week, we brought two pumpkins home. I knew from last years experience that I am hopeless at carving a pumpkin so wanted to find a way that Adam could play with the pumpkin – hence we made a pumpkin tunnel.
First we needed to scoop out the pumpkin meat. We placed the pumpkins on our Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link). Adam got involved, although he was still hesitant about touching the pumpkin meat with his hands.
At either side of the large pumpkin I cut out two holes for the tunnel and used Tip-ex to write on the pumpkin. To form the road I reused our DIY Car Track.
It didn’t take long before Adam had several of his cars on the track.
Whilst Adam was playing with the pumpkin car tunnel I realised I could turn the smaller pumpkin into a car wash.
I split a dowelling rod in half and cut segments of 3 coloured pipe cleaners. I wrapped the pipe cleaners around the dowelling and pushed it into the pumpkin meat.
So far the pumpkin car tunnel and car wash have survived for a week of constant play. Pumpkins are not just for carving!
Keep an eye out for our other toddler friendly Halloween activities throughout the next few days.
* Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link)
* Car track – why not follow our DIY Car Track Busy Bag instructions
* Dowelling and pipe cleaners
Adam was 2 years and 5 months old.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017