I’ve had a spare dishwasher basket laying around since Adam was born and today realised I could use it for an activity. I wove some pipe cleaners around the basket and gave Adam some larger fabric pom poms.
He had great fun trying to pop the pom poms through the holes and trying to get the pipe cleaners out and then back in.
Once all the pom poms were in the basket Adam lifted the lid up, took them out and started again. This is a great activity for developing fine motor skills.
You could also do the same activity using a
Today we did something I have managed to avoid for 18 months – an indoor play area. We have visited them before but never when Adam has been old enough to fully participate. Although he isn’t a huge fan of slides, Adam does love a ball pool!
UPDATE: The pom poms, pipe cleaners and basket have been added to a Busy Box. The acorns (from Day 8) are also in the same box and Adam posts all three objects into the basket. Adam finds it amazing that he can add the acorns and pom poms to the basket but when he lifts the whole basket off the table they all fall out because of the holes in the bottom.
* Fabric pom poms
* Pipe cleaners
* A basket with several holes
Adam was 18 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017