Welcome to our recap of October’s Adventures from the blog.
October was the month Adam fell in love with Pre-school. After a shaky start, due to illness, I was concerned Adam wouldn’t enjoy his play sessions. However, once his Keyworker visited Adam at home everything changed. He now loves going and gets so excited when he sees his Pre-school tshirt.
October saw Adam becoming a Toys R Us Toyologist. He has taken his role very seriously and is enjoying his difficult task of playing!
October has been a busy month for Pregnancy Sickness Support. I created the second Hyperemesis Gravidarum Survivors Annual and was fortunate to get to know many more survivors through making the book.
There was a landmark event in the world of Hyperemesis Gravidarum with the publication of Hyperemesis Gravidarum – The Definitive Guide, written by my two friends Caitlin (aka Spewing Mummy) and Amanda (aka The Family Patch). This book will make a huge difference to those suffering from the debilitating condition, those who are preparing for another pregnancy and to those in the medical profession.
October also saw the 4th Annual Supporters’ Conference for Pregnancy Sickness Support. This was my third conference but my first as a trustee. The day was titled ’empowering families affected by Hyperemesis Gravidarum to enact change. It brought together sufferers, survivors and members of the medical profession to take a pro-active approach to improving care and awareness for those suffering across the pregnancy sickness spectrum. It was an emotional day. Read Kerry Dungay’s account of her experience of the conference.
We have also been celebrating in the Edwards’ household with my husbands birthday and our 4th wedding anniversary. On 28th October 2010 we got married in Rome. It was a magical day followed by 6 hours the next day visiting all the major tourist attractions in our wedding attire for photographs. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. This year we celebrated by taking Adam to see the Sooty and Sweep Show! Who says romance is dead!
November will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the month we started our play adventures. Last November we started our 30 day toddler play challenge which then turned into a 100 day toddler play challenge which then resulted in our blog Adventures of Adam. Keep an eye out on our Facebook page where we will be revisiting our toddler play challenge adventures. We shall also be holding a competition to celebrate!
Popular posts in October:
What has been happening in October on Adventures of Adam:
Featured posts throughout October:
* Little Bins for Little Hands – Hot Wheels Pumpkin Tunnel – Pumpkin Car Tunnel
* Let Kids Be Kids – Linky Party 28th October – Pumpkin picking
* The Inspired Treehouse – Movement Monday – Sticky Apple Tree
* Norfolk Coastal Holidays – Half Term and all things Halloween – Pumpkin Picking
*B-inspired Mama – Over 100 Awesome Busy Bags – Aliens Love Underpants Busy Bag and DIY Car Track Busy Bag
* The Jenny Evolution – 15+ Learning Shapes for Toddlers Activities – Light Box Shapes
* Kids Activity Blog – 30 Children’s Crafts with Popsicle Sticks – DIY lolly stick puzzle
* Country Kids at Coombe Mill – Entering the magical world of fairies and goblins (10th October) – Broad Bean Colour Sorting
* The Jenny Evolution – 20 Learning Numbers and Counting Activities – Garden Fence Counting String
* The Natural Momma In Me – 50 Active Days – 100 day toddler play challenge
* Craftulate – 27 Jello Activities – Edible Jelly Worms
* Powerful Mothering – 16 No Preparation Activities To Keep Toddlers Busy
* Building Blocks and Acorns – Halloween Spider Sensory Bin
Here is to an action packed November!