Today was a great opportunity to get outside and use the Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link). I tipped a bag of porridge oats into the Tuff Spot and placed a few diggers and tractors in it to create a building site.
As Adam started to play I opened up a can of chick peas, drained away the water and placed them on a baking tray lined with kitchen roll in order to get the excess moisture off. Adam could use the chick peas as boulders for the diggers to move around.
Adam played for 50 minutes! He spent the time feeling the textures, moving the trucks around, emptying the trucks, mixing the oats around in the water already on the Tuff Spot and picking out the chick peas into a baking tray…to name but a few activities.
* Porridge oats (I used a large value pack)
* Chick peas
* Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link)
* Variety of digger vehicles
Adam was 19 months old.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017