The penultimate day of our 31 Day Sensory Play Challenge is cereal sensory bin day. Today we are also taking part in an Indoor Activity Blog Hop. We have teamed up with seven other bloggers from around the world to bring you quick and easy activities you can do with your little one inside during this cold weather.
Adam has thoroughly enjoyed his previous cereal sensory bin adventures – from cornflakes, porridge oats to wheat flakes. During our Harvest sensory bin Adam took a liking to cereal and the sensory bin turned into a large snack bowl.
In our kitchen cupboard we have a box of Organix Number Jumble Cereal (affiliate link). Adam doesn’t like the taste of the cereal but he loves finding the numbers. I decided to create a number cereal sensory bin.
In our sensory bin I placed Shreddies, Ella’s Kitchen Wakey Wakey Round Ones(affiliate link) and Cherrios. I added the Ella’s Kitchen round ones because the number cereal didn’t contain any zeros. I mixed up the number cereal so it was quite hard to find them. We don’t have a large number line so I quickly created one by sticking wheely bin number stickers onto four foam sheets.
I only had to demonstrate to Adam the activity once before we could do it independently. He had to search the cereal sensory bin for a number, identify the number (easier said then done with some of the numbers) and then place it onto the correct number on the number line.
Adam was in number heaven!
* Organix Number Jumble Cereal (affiliate link)
* Shreddies, Cherrios and Ella’s Kitchen Wakey Wakey Round Ones (affiliate link)
* Number line – we created ours from wheely bin number stickers onto foam sheets.
31 Day Sensory Play Challenge Blog Hop:
Other sensory activities using cereal:
This post is part of an Indoor Activity Blog Hop — Indoor Activities.
Make sure to visit the other blogs below for some fun indoor activities that you can do when the weather’s not conducive to playing outside! This week’s quick and easy activities include:
- Coloring Rocks // Betsy’s Photography
- Paper Airplane Landing Strips // What We Do All Day
- Car Track with Painter’s Tape // The Jenny Evolution
- Best Paper Airplane to Teach the Letter A // Sight and Sound Reading.
- Cardboard Cookies // The Gingerbread House
- Simple Rice Sensory Bin // Barefeet on the Dashboard
- Squiggle Drawing // Study at Home Mama
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017