After yesterdays messy activity I thought we would be kind to Nana and find something that didn’t require any cleaning up – especially after a session at Tumble Tots. So I found this non-messy painting activity at The Hippie Housewife.
Setting up the activity was easy. I folded an A4 piece of paper so that it would fit inside a large Ziploc Heavy Duty Freezer Bag (affiliate link) and squirted two colours of paint into each bag. After ensuring the majority of the air was out of the bag I sellotaped it closed (a paranoid optional extra) and attached it to a box lid with duck tape. This was to ensure the bag wouldn’t move around too much. With hindsight some colourful Duck Tape would have made a more aesthetically pleasing border!
Again, Beth got to it straight away sitting with Nana and immediately used her fingers to mix up the paint. Once I finally got Adams attention away from the car ramp (a favourite activity at Nana’s) I gave him a paint brush.
He was fascinated by the bristles – although they easily fell out despite it being a new ELC set. Beth preferred using the ELC stampers to smudge the paint – as well as her feet!
However, Adams eyes lit up when Nana showed him he could push the cars over the bag to mix up the paint. He was in heaven!
So a fantastic activity – two toddlers painting without any mess and no cleaning up – perfect!
* Ziploc Heavy Duty Freezer Bags (affiliate link)
* Paper to fit inside the zip-loc bag
* Sellotape and duck tape
* Lid or shallow box slightly larger than the zip-lock bag
* Optional – cars, stampers, paint brushes
Adam was 18 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017