The idea of this activity was simple. Adam would practise his fine motor skills by trying to pull off the masking tape that was attached to a baking tray.
The set up was very quick – just layers of masking tape with the ends slightly lifted so it would be easier to grip.
This is where we discovered Adam hasn’t yet stopped being scared of the sound that masking tape or sellotape makes when you pull it off. When he was younger he would scream at the sound – wrapping presents would be impossible if Adam was in ear shot. However, he had recently been improving and would simply look up when I used sellotape. Using it as a play activity was a step too far though! He didn’t get past the first strip.
Inspired by Sugar Aunts.
* Masking tape
* A surface to attach the masking tape to – ie table, baking tray, floor
Adam was 20 months old.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017