Adam has recently discovered the world of super heroes. However, it isn’t your usual Batman or Spiderman that Adam likes. It is Supertato! As we are huge fans of the author Sue Hendra – take a look at our Norman The Slug Who Saved Christmas ornament, I couldn’t wait to introduce Adam to Supertato.
(This post contains affiliate links)
Supertato is on a mission to save and protect the other vegetables from his arch nemesis – the evil pea. The naughty pea has escaped from the freezer and causes havoc in the supermarket. The hilarious book follows Supertato on his quest to put pea back in the freezer where he belongs.
I couldn’t resist making Adam his own Supertato. It was simple to do despite my lack of artistic ability. As every Supertato needs an Evil Pea we also created Supertato’s nemesis.
Resources needed to make Supertato and Evil Pea:
* One potato
* Red felt
* One sticky label
How to make Supertato:
1. Place a strip of black electrical tape around the middle of the potato.
2. Add a rectangle of yellow electrical tape and then a small rectangle of red electrical tape to form a belt.
3. Use a black permanent marker pen to form the letter S inside the red square.
4. Place another strip of black electrical tape to the top of the potato and attach two googly eyes using Bostik Glu Dots.
5. Using red felt cut out the shape of a cape. Use Bostik Fast Tak Spray Glue to attach the cape to the potato.
6. Use the black permanent marker pen to draw a smile onto Supertato.
How to make Evil Pea:
1. Paint a polystrene egg with green acylic paint. Our egg needed three coats of paint.
2. Add a strip of black electrical tape to the top of the egg.
3. Cut two evil eyes from the sticky label and attach it to the black tape. Use the permanent marker pen to add the eyes and a mouth.
4. Cut a smaller cape from the red felt and use the Bostik Fast Tak Spray Glue to attach the cape of the Evil Pea.
The Adventures of Adam and Supertato
Once our Supertato and Evil Pea had dried they were ready to play with. Whilst Adam was asleep I set up a Supertato activity for him to believe that Evil Pea had visited our house. I used electrical tape to attach a carrot to our fridge door, attached a leek to Adam’s train track and hung a banana to Adam’s large slope.
When he woke Adam first noticed the carrot attached to the fridge and realised that Evil Pea had escaped from the freezer. I gave him Supertato and together the pair started to look for Evil Pea. They started looking together around our kitchen. When Evil Pea couldn’t be found there they started searching the living room. They discovered the leek before finally noticing the banana. On top of the banana stood Evil Pea.
Adam and Supertato managed to capture Evil Pea and put him back into the freezer where he belongs. I wonder what other adventures Adam and Supertato will have together!
You May Also Like: