Finally we had a chance to get out the DIY Light Box we made back on Day 38. This time I wanted to add coloured shapes to the play. Using coloured plastic wallet folders I cut out a variety of shapes. Just in case the plastic edges were sharp I attached sellotape along all of the edges.
Adam helped assemble the light box by putting in our new Christmas lights I bought especially for the light box.
Adam loved playing with the lights – although getting him to come out of the box and put the lid on took a little time.
We gave Adam the shapes one at a time and told him its shape name.
Dad-dad and Adam played together with the shapes by passing the shapes to each other. It wasn’t long before Adam wanted to explore other objects on the light box. The discovery bottles from Day 9 came out and were rolled across the light box.
The numbered cars from Day 35 also made an appearance.
We couldn’t hold Adam off any longer as he wanted to play inside the box with the lights.
* Lightbox – see Day 38 on how to make your own Light Box
* Coloured plastic wallet folders
Adam was 20 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017