Last week we participated in the Heinz Alphabetti Pasta Quote competition. Whilst I was putting our quote together I realised that I could combine two of Adam’s favourite things in one activity. He loves letters and he loves transport so I thought of Alphabetti messy play.
Setting up the activity was straight forward. I poured a tin of Heinz Alphabetti Spaghetti (affiliate link) into a tray and placed a variety of construction toys inside. To contain any mess I used the Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link). I thought Adam may wish to look for individual letters so I placed three dishes onto the Tuff Spot and added some small scoops.
Adam’s immediate reaction was to try and rescue his cars. Once I showed him how he could move the cars around the letters or use the diggers to scoop letters up he started to play. He used the scoops to pick up some letters out and poured them into the containers. He then pointed to some of the letters and recognised a fair few of the capital letters.
Although Adam was fine moving the letters around with the cars, he still isn’t a huge fan of getting messy. He wouldn’t touch the pasta or sauce and didn’t like it when the cars went too deep in the letters.
Despite not enjoying the messy part of the play Adam did play with the cars for quite some time. Unfortunately a thunder storm stopped play. It is hard to believe we are in the middle of Summer as it was 14 degrees and wet. Fingers crossed Summer is on its way.
* Heinz Alphabetti Spaghetti (affiliate link)
* Tuff Spot Tray (affiliate link)
* Tray or shallow box
* Small containers and scoops
Adam was 2 years and 2 months old.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017