An early start to the day as we went to B&Q before Adam’s swimming lesson. I had wanted to get a variety of types of guttering for this activity but they had to be large enough to fit Adam’s ball pool balls. Unfortunately the down pipes were too narrow so we just opted for two pieces of guttering – just as well as I would have struggled to get more in the car.
After swimming I got the guttering out and demonstrated how to push the balls down it.
Immediately Adam was searching the living room for anything that would roll down. Everything went down – balls, cars, musical instrument, blocks, toy animals etc. We had races down the guttering by putting both pieces side by side.
Despite it being a rainy morning we managed to go to our local zoo in the afternoon. I have a season pass and Adam is free so its a great half day activity. I love going to zoos in autumn as you get the place to yourself. Its amazing how noisy the animals are when their sounds are not drowned out by lots of people.
Adam was 18 months old.
For our 30 Day Simple Play At Home challenge we are revisiting favourite simple play activities. Adam adores his piece of guttering. Two years on and the guttering still lives in our living room. We also have several pieces outside too.
* Either old guttering or purchase it from a DIY shop
* Anything that will travel along the guttering
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017