Sometimes the simplest activities are the best. Grandad received a tree for his birthday which arrived in a huge triangular cardboard box. After Adam and Beth had spent time crawling through the box tunnel Adam asked to do some drawing. It was the perfect opportunity to explore the sense of sound through drawing. Mark making on the cardboard box made a fantastic noise.
The two cousins spent ages drawing both inside and outside of the box. Several times they both squeezed beside each other to draw.
I nearly managed to get a photograph of Adam’s dinosaur. Just as I was about to take a photograph he started to colour over it but you can just make out the dinosaurs ears and two eyes.
Beth and Adam enjoyed drawing to a beat and worked up quite a rhythm! They managed to explore the sense of hearing through their artwork!
* A large cardboard box
* Wax crayons
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017