This month’s Bostik Blogger theme was weather. Recently, it has seemed that we have had several different types of weather within one day. In the morning it can be raining, sunny by afternoon and then a thunderstorm in the evening. We created DIY Weather Binoculars so that Adam could keep an eye on the ever changing weather.
Resources needed to make DIY Weather Binoculars
* A4 Dark blue glitter card
* Foam weather images – we used sun, clouds, rain and thunderstorm
* White pom pom garland
* Bostik Fine and Wide Glu Pen
How to make DIY Weather Binoculars
1. Cut the A4 glitter card in half.
2. Use the wide end of the Bostik Glu Pen to add glue to the glitter card.
3. Roll the glitter card to create a tube. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other half of the card. We held the card together with clothes pegs until the glue had dried.
4. Use the fine end of the Bostik Glu Pen to attach foam weather images to the glitter card tubes.
5. Position the two tubes together to form binoculars. Use the wide end of the Bostik Glu Pen to add glue to the inside edge of one glitter card to stick the two tubes together.
6. Make a small hole onto the outside edge of each tube.
7. Cut a piece of white pom pom garland long enough to fit over your child’s head. Tie each end of the string through the holes.
Once the DIY Weather Binoculars are dry take them outside to observe the weather. Before I gave Adam the binoculars, we discussed the dangers of looking directly at the sun and I reminded him frequently not to do so.
We took the DIY Weather Binoculars with us on our walk. Unfortunately, I had accidentally left my camera in the car so missed the chance of capturing Adam using the binoculars outside. On our walk he enjoyed spotting different cloud formations and he noticed that the clouds were getting darker. Ironically it has been the only walk where I didn’t mind when it started to rain as it gave Adam the opportunity to observe it through his weather binoculars!
Disclaimer: We received a box craft materials as part of the Tots100/Bostik Craft Bloggers Club #BostikBloggers
Other activities made using Bostik products:
You May Also Like: