Our garden is becoming quite a learning environment. What with our garden fence counting string, number wall, water wall and mud kitchen we are utilising the garden fence panels well. We realised we didn’t have anything literacy based so it was time for a DIY Outdoor Letter Line.
I bought two pool noodles from PoundLand. They obviously had to be yellow and green as they are the colours of Daddy’s favourite football team. Using a sharp knife I cut the pool noodles into sections. I wrote the capital letters of the alphabet on the alternate coloured pool noodles using a permanent marker pen.
I screwed two screws into the garden fence, just above Adam’s head height, and attached a piece of washing line. I threaded the first 13 letters of the alphabet onto the line. I repeated the same process a little lower down on the garden fence for the remainder of the letters.
Adam loves to spin the pool noodle sections in order to find the correct letter. He can often be heard shouting the letters of the alphabet as he moves each letter along the line. If you ask him to find a letter he will search the line until he finds it.
* Can you spot the mistake? Guess who noticed after I had taken the photographs? It was my 2 year old son who noticed!
* Two pool noodles (ensure the pool noodle has a hole going through the middle)
* Permanent marker pen
* Washing line
Adam was 2 years and 4 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017