Adam loves the Alphablocks. As mentioned on Day 36 we buy the Alphablocks magazine which Adam regularly looks through. Ironically Adam can name more letter sounds than he can say words! So I wanted a game he could play using the Alphablocks.
We have a set of wooden animal dominoes which Adam only uses to drop into a box so I used them to attach cut out Alphablocks from the magazine.
I tried a variety of different methods to stick the Alphablocks onto the domino. Wood glue worked the best and once it dried I coated the whole domino with PVA glue.
I did the same for the box lid.
Adam was intrigued by the lid and pointed to each letter in turn.
We attempted a game of dominos but he is too young to fully understand how to play it.
He enjoyed finding the letters but his favourite activity was pointing to each Alphablock.
I imagine this activity will get a lot of use over the next few years and has been placed into a Busy Box.
* Alphablocks magazine or print pictures from the CBBC website
* Wooden dominoes and box
* Wood glue
* PVA glue
* Paint brush
Adam was 21 months old.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017