Most of our adventures throughout the month of December have taken place outside of the blog. Christmas 2014 will certainly be remembered for the year of Father Christmas – or Papa Dee Dee as Adam calls him. Adam managed to see him four times this year and everything related to Christmas is known as Papa Dee Dee to Adam.
Adam ended his first term at Pre-School with his first nativity. He was the one who turned his musical instrument into a football and kicked it across the stage… several times! Father Christmas and two of his reindeer also made a special appearance.
We returned to Horsey Beach to spot the Grey Seals and their pups. We stayed in the dunes where Adam and his two cousins had great fun chasing each other. I did manage to grab Adam before he rolled off a dune down an 8ft drop onto concrete. In true photographic style we all stopped to take photographs of him!
Last December we visited Africa Alive to see Father Christmas so we decided to carry on the zoo tradition and visited Banham Zoo. We love visiting zoos in the winter. There are no crowds and the animals seem more responsive. Our favourite animals were the black-tailed prairie marmots, otherwise known as prairie dogs. We were also amazed when Adam walked in to see Father Christmas and gave him a spontaneous cuddle!
To get us in the festive spirit we tried our hand (literally) at home made wrapping paper and presents.
Christmas Day we spent at Chris’ Mums but in the morning we finally persuaded Adam to open his presents. We are probably the only family who have to bribe their child to open presents!
On Boxing Day we visited my parents where we visited Father Christmas (aka Grandad) in his Festive Grotto. He had a sack of presents for each of the grandchildren.
Adam was beaming the whole time and even my nephew wasn’t 100% sure it wasn’t Grandad dressed up.
The Christmas theme didn’t stop on the blog either.
Popular posts in December:
What has been happening in December on Adventures of Adam:
In January 2015 we shall be hosting our first 31 Day Sensory Play Challenge. The challenge is open to bloggers and non-bloggers from around the world. For more information go to:
Featured posts throughout December:
* Rainy Day Mum – Story Book Advent – Aliens Love Panta Claus
* Mama Miss – 10 Days of a Kid-Made Christmas – Russell’s Christmas Magic Ornament
* One Time Through – 10+ Fun Christmas Learning Ideas for Preschoolers – Christmas Posting Busy Bag
* The Inspired Treehouse – Movement Monday – Christmas Bauble Dunking
Adam and I were also in a national newspaper during December. I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder as a result of the Hyperemesis Gravidarum pregnancy.
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017