When Adam is playing with his cars, my husband will often lay on the floor next to him. Adam is starting to push cars over my husband so I thought I could make him a car track on the back of a t-shirt.
Laying the old t-shirt on the kitchen table I used normal felt tip pens to draw an outline of a basic map. I could have used fabric pens so that the t-shirt could be washed but I can’t imagine my husband going out of the house wearing it!
The idea was that Chris would get a nice back massage whilst Adam played with his cars.
However, Adam was so concerned with the fact that Chris was laying on the floor face down that he didn’t play very much with his cars. Instead he kept sitting next to Chris and tried to push him over.
This will definitely be an activity we get out again.
It was a great end to a very busy day. We had visited Africa Alive Zoo where we discovered Adam makes a fantastic guineafowl herder. He got to see Father Christmas – although wasn’t particularly bothered. Late afternoon we went to Reedham Church for Adam’s first Christingle. My husband is Headteacher at the village Primary school so we went along to support him.
The cost of the activity does not account for the fact that the t-shirt can not be used again.
* An old t-shirt – you will not be able to use the t-shirt again afterwards
* Felt tip pens. Fabric pens could be used if you want to wash the t-shirt
Adam was 18 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017