Todays activity was another self-initiated one. I was taking the cupcake cases out of the dishwasher and Adam spotted them. He kept pointing to them so I put them on the floor alongside some recycled trays.
Straight away Adam placed the cupcake cases in a line. He has started doing this with a lot of play equipment. It is part of the trajectory schema.
He made sure each cupcake case was facing down before touching each one in turn as if to count them.
Each time he completed the line he would return to the same cupcake case and start again.
Eventually he used the recycled trays to drop the cupcake cases into.
UPDATE: Adam has returned to the cupcake cases several times so I have placed them into a Busy Box activity. It saves me making any more cupcakes!
* Cup cake cases – these were silicon so kept their shape
* Recycled trays
Adam was 20 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017