Over the years as a teacher I have gone through several packets of jumbo chalks. It is surprising how quickly a class of 30 children can demolish a large pack. One toddler hardly dents a pack though!
I made one pink line on the pavement to show Adam what he could do and then he carried on.
I was surprised how quickly Adam kept changing over the chalks. He would only make one or two marks and then come over to get another piece.
Adam kept all of his marks within one paving slab.
He certainly likes to draw using lines.
It wasn’t long before Adam was lining his chalks up.
Each piece of chalk was used to make a mark and then lined up.
Adams final pavement chalk mark making masterpiece:
This is an activity we will keep repeating over the next few years. It will be interesting to see Adam’s pictures develop into recognisable objects.
* Jumbo chalk – Tescos have pack of 15 for £1.80
* A pavement
Adam was 20 months old
You May Also Like:
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017