I hadnt expected Adam to like this activity at all. In fact I thought he would hate it so much I didnt even put an apron on him. Needless to say 45 minutes later he was still playing!
I filled three plates with three paints and cellotaped the paper to the table to ensure it didn’t move around.
I wheeled the cars around the paint and gave it to Adam to see what he would do. He pushed the cars from right to left and each time a car park would develop at the left hand side of the page.
He then started wheeling each car in turn to the car park on the left and then across the page where they were reversed to the top of the page to be refilled with paint.
He managed six pictures and got covered in paint. Perhaps my mess aversion son will take after me in the mess department after all!
Adam loved the activity so much. We will certainly be doing more car track painting.
* Cars (make sure they don’t require batteries and can be washed easily)
Adam was 18 months old.
Latest posts by Emma Edwards (see all)
- 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11 3/4 with National Trust - July 28, 2017
- Messy Minion Tuff Spot - July 28, 2017
- Rainy Day Activities With Flying Tiger Copenhagen - July 26, 2017
- Camp Kindness – The Kindness Elves Summer Camp - July 26, 2017
- 3 Wooden Train Track Accessories From Hape - July 26, 2017